For the fourth successive year, there will be new names engraved on the Senior Captain’s Cup.
On a day of warming sunshine and modest breezes, the partnership of John Sidaway and Simon Appleby blew the opposition away with a score of 48pts. In his victory speech, John was quick to point out that he’d contributed on 16 holes with Simon ‘helicoptering in’ on two holes. They also won £60 of Midland Golf vouchers which I understand John is planning to pro-rata based on contribution to the team score.
Second place was taken by Gwyn Jones and Terry Lynch (£40) on back 6 countback from Chris Gadd and Denis Dallaway (£20), both scoring 46pts. A sleeve of golf balls was won by Steve Levett, Ian Renhard and Malcolm Dickson for being nearest the pin at holes 7, 13 and 17 respectively.
The full results list can be found here Senior Captain’s Cup – final positions
Deryck Hall would like to pass on his thanks to the following:
- The staff at Midland Golf for taking in the entry fees. It makes organisation a lot easier, and is why the main prizes are Midland Golf vouchers.
- BGC for reserving the additional tee times required to run this competition.
- Gary McCartney for checking the cards as they came in. No disqualifications this year.
- Wyn Wattley for taking over the handing out of cards to the later starters, and for being my glamorous assistant during the presentations.
- The greenkeeping team for presenting the course in super condition
And, of course, everyone – new and old – who took part in this year’s competition. I think everyone enjoys the format. Roll on next year.