Joint Statement from Bromsgrove Golf Centre and Bromsgrove Golf Club
Members and visiting Golfers Guidance on how to keep enjoying playing golf
The governing bodies have issued the following advice to golfers and the operators of golf clubs as a game to be enjoyed “sensibly and safely” during the Coronavirus outbreak. The Government has continued its advice that exercisein the fresh air, including golf is ok if you keep a distance.
The Golf Industry has provided these guidelines so that golf clubs can continue to allow members and golfers to enjoy the game. Please observe that players should take simple steps to maintain the low risk of infection and any players with any colds or coughs or any symptoms of COVID-19 should not play or attend the course.
PRIOR TO THE GAME:
- Where able, please use online services for making bookings.
- Where applicable make payments using contactless means or pay online prior to the game.
- Locker rooms will be closed. Changing of shoes in the car park will be allowed
- Competitions that encourage congregating are postponed for the time being.
- The use of Golf buggies will be reviewed.
- For those that have pre-paid, if not wishing to enter the clubhouse please phone reception on 01527 575886 to confirm your arrival.
ADVICE FOR GOLFERS ON THE GOLF COURSE:
- Maintain social distancing throughout the round (2 metres rule). Avoid shaking hands
- Always leave the flag in the hole. Golfers to only carefully remove their golf ball from the hole.
- Bunker rakes, Drinking fonts, ball cleaners, divot boxes and Airlines for cleaning shoes will be taken out of use.
- Players should not share or handle other persons equipment including scorecards
- A Course Ranger will undertake routine inspections of the course to ensure the safety of our players.
AFTER THE GAME:
- Competitions have been postponed to help maintain a safe environment by minimising personal contact.
- Clubhouse catering has been adjusted to reduce physical contact by increasing the space between tables in Edwards Bar & Restaurant. A ‘Food to Go’ menu has been provided
- Regular cleaning of surfaces including door handles is undertaken.
- Group bookings where food and social interaction is involved afterwards should be limited following the latest guidance.
- We will be following Public Health England advice as and when the situation evolves/ develops.